JOB: Living Hours Programme Manager
The Living Wage is an independent movement of businesses, organisations and people who believe that a hard day’s work deserves a fair day’s pay. The Living Wage campaign was launched by London Citizens in 2001 and aims to ensure low paid workers have enough money to get by and enough time for community and family life.
The Living Wage is an hourly rate calculated according to the basic cost of living in the UK that employers choose to pay on a voluntary basis. The Living Wage Foundation recognises and celebrates employers that pay the real Living Wage through an accreditation programme which awards the Living Wage Employer Mark.
The independently-calculated rates are announced during Living Wage Week each November when we celebrate our growing network of Living Wage employers. There are now over 500 accredited Living Wage employers across the UK which has secured pay rises for over 180,000 employees.
Whether low paid workers can make ends meet is also dependent on the number and security of hours they work. While many people choose to work part time, over the last decade there has been a rise in the use of ‘flexible’ working arrangements that create financial insecurity and exacerbate in-work poverty: 1 in 6 workers are in low paid, insecure jobs – that is 5.1 million people. Over the last 18 months, the Living Wage Foundation has been working with a coalition of employees, experts and leading Living Wage employers to work out how responsible employers can help tackle this problem. Together we have developed a new campaign and accreditation programme asking employers to provide Living Hours alongside a real Living Wage. This is an exciting time to join our team as we grow the depth of our work and further deliver on our mission – to tackle in-work poverty.
The Living Wage Foundation has an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team as a Programme Manager. We are looking for a highly motivated and organised individual with the ability to build relationships with employers to grow our new programme: Living Hours. This role is central to developing this new body of work in its early stages: deepening our work with our employer network and proactively influence change for those in low paid, insecure work.
- Build and manage relationships with employers to support them to pay the real Living Wage and implement Living Hours and seek accreditation.
- Create, develop and employ the tools and knowledge available to inform and advise employers on implementing the Living Wage and Living Hours throughout their organisation.
- Communicate evidence for change to influence key stakeholders to become Living Wage and Living Hours employers, recognised Service Providers or Friendly Funders and to champion the Living Wage and Living Hours to their networks.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of our work to refine our strategy and deliver projects in an efficient way.
The Living Wage Foundation is committed to being an inclusive employer. We value a diverse workforce and encourage anyone with an interest in this role to apply, regardless of whether you meet all the desirable criteria. We invest in our staff and will support you to develop the skills and knowledge required to deliver the role. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, who are underrepresented at the Foundation. We offer a range of family friendly and inclusive employment policies as well as flexible working arrangements. Please contact us if you would like to discuss these policies and flexible working arrangements ahead of applying.
- Build and manage relationships with employers and employer networks to promote and grow our new Living Hours programme and Living Wage accreditations.
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships with a range of stakeholders including project partners and funders to support the Foundation’s work.
- Represent the organisation effectively to external audiences in meetings and events to promote the business and reputational benefits of Living Hours and the Living Wage.
Accreditation and Recognition
- Provide a high-quality client experience for employers that are interested in the Living Wage and Living Hours and provide timely advice and guidance on how to implement both to support their accreditation.
- Develop the Living Hours accreditation process, supporting tools and resources.
- Process accreditations, recognitions and renewals whilst developing and improving appropriate CRM systems, including Salesforce.
- Keep up to date on latest policy issues and support development and communication of Living Wage and Living Hours criteria to ensure that the Living Wage Foundation is responsive to the needs of employees and employers.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow the Living Hours programme in specific sectors and regions to deliver the Living Wage Foundation’s business plan objectives.
- Lead on projects to promote and grow Living Wage and Living Hours accreditations and develop the quality of service offered.
- Manage bespoke budgets and identify opportunities to grow income.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of projects and provide reports to Head of Operations and Director.
- Line manage and support the development of direct reports to deliver business plan objectives.
- Support the training and induction of team members and work collaboratively with the wider team to ensure that we are meeting the expectations of our network and stakeholders.
- Work with Citizens UK community organisers, members and leaders to promote civic engagement with and ownership of the Living Wage and Living Hours campaign.
Communications and Events
- Organise employer events to celebrate and grow our network of Living Wage and Living Hours employers, including playing an active role in the delivery of Living Wage Week every year
- Collate case studies and examples of best practice to develop materials and promote the Living Wage and Living Hours.
- Support the development of the Foundation’s presence on social media and website
Please apply by reading the below job description and filling out the below application form.
There is also a voluntary and anonymous Diversity Monitoring Form which helps the Living Wage Foundation to monitor against the aims and commitments of our Equal Opportunities Policy. We appreciate your help and cooperation by filling in this form.
Fill out application form above. Please save file as ‘[Your Name] – Living Hours Programme Manager Application’
Submit to: email@example.com
Applications deadline: Tuesday 26th November 2019, 12pm
Interview dates: Wednesday 4th December 2019
There is also a voluntary and anonymous Diversity Monitoring Form which helps the Living Wage Foundation to monitor against the aims and commitments of our Equal Opportunities Policy. We appreciate your help and cooperation by filling in this form.For more about the Living Wage Foundation and Citizens UK please visit www.livingwage.org.uk and www.citizensuk.org.