JOB: Senior Project Manager - Global Living Wage
The Living Wage is an independent movement of businesses, organisations and people who believe that a hard day’s work deserves a fair day’s pay. The Living Wage campaign was launched by London Citizens in 2001 and aims to ensure low paid workers have enough money to get by and enough time for community and family life.
The Living Wage is an hourly rate calculated according to the basic cost of living in the UK that employers choose to pay on a voluntary basis. The Living Wage Foundation recognises and celebrates employers that pay the real Living Wage through an accreditation programme which awards the Living Wage Employer Mark.
The independently-calculated rates are announced during Living Wage Week each November when we celebrate our growing network of Living Wage employers. There are now over 5,000 accredited Living Wage employers across the UK which has secured pay rises for over 200,000 employees.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead our Global Living Wage project by developing partnerships with international stakeholders to advocate and promote the concept of a Living Wage around the world, convening interested parties to share experiences and inspire new movements, and develop plans to achieve the long-term vision of the Global Living Wage Initiative to reduce in-work poverty globally.
The Living Wage Foundation is committed to being an inclusive employer. We value a diverse workforce and encourage anyone with an interest in this role to apply, regardless of whether you meet all the desirable criteria. We invest in our staff and will support you to develop the skills and knowledge required to deliver the role. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, who are underrepresented at the Foundation. We offer a range of family friendly and inclusive employment policies as well as flexible working arrangements. Please contact us if you would like to discuss these policies and flexible working arrangements ahead of applying.
Hours: 3 days a week, flexible
Salary: £39,800 (pro-rata) including London Weighting
Contract: 12 months (potential to extend)
Partnership and Stakeholder Management
- Develop and implement a stakeholder engagement plan to support and promote the project.
- Progress our existing partnerships whilst proactively securing new partnerships with organisations that can help promote and build demand for the Global Living Wage
- Support and grow our network of affiliated accreditation bodies, servicing the meetings and following up on actions in-between.
- Develop a wide-ranging network of stakeholders with an interest in the Global Living Wage on every continent and finds ways to involve them in the development of the project.
- Support the coordination and planning for a multi-stakeholder project steering group of senior leaders from the Living Wage Foundation network including global corporates.
- Develop and improve our existing plans to build on the success of the UK Living Wage campaign and promote the Living Wage and accreditation model internationally.
- Build our Global Living Wage network, by convening stakeholders, identifying needs and creating a package of support to facilitate the sharing of learning and experiences across the network to build the strength of the Global Living Wage movement.
- Plan and coordinate a series of international conference calls and roundtables to bring together a diverse group of international stakeholders to share knowledge and build demand for the Global Living Wage.
- Work with the senior management team to produce a sustainable fundraising strategy whilst developing relationship with potential funders
- Oversee the creation of fundraising applications and proposals to secure funds from corporate partners.
- Attract funding from grants or donations to support our ongoing work building the strength of national accreditation bodies and connecting Living Wage advocates from around the world.
- Oversee the collation and dissemination of research and evidence to build the case for the Global Living Wage.
- Develop the ask and offer to multi-national companies that are interested in the Global Living Wage.
- Promote the Living Wage Foundation internationally to build our reputation as a global leader, including launching research and reports and celebrating progress made.
- Represent the Living Wage Foundation at meetings, events and conference to build demand and promote the concept of the Living Wage internationally.
Method: Fill out application form which you can download at www.livingwage.org.uk/jobs. Please save file as ‘Name – Global Living Wage Application’
Submit to: email@example.com
Please note: The subject heading of the email must contain the applicants name and the words ‘Global Living Wage Application’
Applications deadline: 12pm on Tuesday 3rd December
Interview dates: Wednesday 11th December